1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vatican's 10 Commandments of Drivers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kosko, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Brought from the Vatican to Yahoo news to my "doorstep"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070619/ap_on_re_eu/vatican_road_rage

The "Drivers' Ten Commandments," as listed by the document, are:

1. You shall not kill.

2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.

3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.

4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.

5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.

6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.

7. Support the families of accident victims.

8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.

9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.

10. Feel responsible toward others.

Its a little strange, but you know what, they're reasonable conditions; the roads would probably be a bit nicer.

2. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    ROFL @ "You shall not kill."

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.

Who hasn't broken that one?

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1 yeah I noticed that. LOL. I've definitely had an occasional sin in my car. Especially the backseat. :ninja: :bag:

5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
  6. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    "like the backseat of a volkwagon?"

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Well first car was a 79 Chevy Impala with a 354 V8. That had a pretty good back seat

Then I had 80 Chevy Beauville Van. That had a bed in the back

Now I have a Volvo V70 with a kiddie seat in the back. I guess one leads to the other. Sigh. :scowl:

8. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    You could replace all the commandment lists with one: "Use common sense"

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Common sense (and common courtesy) are not as common as we all would hope :-/

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Try a 94 Honda Civic. There's a cramped space, lemme tell ya.

11. Sorry, nobody who lives in Italy should be issuing driving advice. ;)

12. Funny, they care more about driving than preventing child molestation. Still protecting Pedophile priests and fighting the police on prosecuting them. Yet they care about speeding. LOL.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021