1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VCA ADSR unit

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FilterFunk, Apr 30, 2010.

1. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Anybody know of a filter unit that has VCA (amp) ADSR, not just filter ADSR, but doesn't cost a small fortune? I'm looking for something self-contained, not a module that goes into a Eurorack or something. I'm not sophisticated enough for that! I think the Sherman Filterbanks, the MAM Warp 9, and the Waldorf 4-Pole all have amp ADSR, but they're either expensive, hard to find, or both. Any alternatives?:help:

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I used to do this on the supercheap using the Behringer Slow Gear clone into the Ibanez SB7. It's pretty limited compared to a real ADSR (it's just an A ;)) but such are the compromises when trying to do something cheap.

3. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    True, and thanks for the tip. Do you happen to know of anything that can shorten the release? I have a bunch of killer bass sounds on my Peavey Spectrum Bass II synth module, but for some reason they put a lot of release on some of them, so they're not funky-tight. I guess I'm actually looking more for "AR", with emphasis on the "R", than "ADSR". Decay and Sustain would be nice, but I don't really need them.

4. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    maybe the Pigtronix Attack Sustain?