1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vegan question....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nathan, Mar 4, 2008.

1. nathan

nathan

Jul 16, 2004
    So...in theory...

If a monkey made a vegan a sandwich that had only vegan things in it, could the vegan eat it?

I mean, technically that sandwich is a product of the monkey and vegans aren't allowed to eat animal products...

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I think if the monkey (simian animal companion) made the sandwich of his own volition and free will and hadn't been exploited in any way, the vegan would eat it. Unless the monkey had been flinging poo earlier and didn't wash his hands.

3. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Wouldn't the monkey eat the sandwich himself :confused:

4. leftybasswtf

leftybasswtf

Mar 1, 2008
    Only if it's a monkey excrement sandwich. They like biodegradable organic foods.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I don't think vegans would have a problem eating monkey excrement, it's organic!

6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'd be more inclined to put the monkey on a skewer and baste with butter until he's golden brown.

7. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    This innocent and slightly banal thread got my imagination running.... Think if that monkey instead is a human that either don't get enough compensation for his work or risk his health in production of... well, let's call it "whatever". Would you buy that "whatever"?

I think a lot of us do it all the time. There's a lot of unethically produced and traded products and components out there, mostly thanks to our own attitude - we always want to get everything as cheap as possible. On the same time we're happily unaware of the origin of the things we buy. Imagine a copper mine in eastern Russia somewhere, selling their copper to a factory on the other side of the world that converts it into cables that another company uses in the production of an electronics circuit that another company uses in a toaster that you buy. What do you know about the mine worker in the beginning of the chain...?

Just wondering........ I'm not intending to turn this into a political thread or hijack it. It just turned my imagination on....

8. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Monkeys are known to spit into the sandwiches they prepare.
    So unless you like monkey gub........

to Deacon: ignorance is bliss.
    The consumer decides with his $$$ who and what to support.
    The consumer is not powerless.

9. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Like the vast majority of consumers I put no effort into researching where raw materials come from. However it's a tricky subject, because even though you have people who are just barely getting by, at least they have a job. The alternatives are just as bad if not worse.