Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Vegas, I'm comin' back!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RAM, Nov 29, 2003.

1. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It's been 1-1/2 years since my last trip there, and my wife has never been...so, we arrive on December 24 and leave for Chicago on December 29. So far, we're planning on seeing Danny Ganz and Cirque du Soleil (Mystere). Any other suggestions?

If any TB'ers are performing that weekend, I'd love to see your show!

We can't wait!:D:D:D

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I go to Vegas twice a year. I love being able to see a lot of live bands in just a few days. You need to see fellow TBer Adrian Garcia. He plays different gigs ranging from shows, to smooth jazz / R & B, to hot latin jazz!!! he's got great chops. PM him to find out where he'll be playing. I lucked out last September, it turned out that he was scheduled to play a latin jazz concert on Fremont Street right outside the front door of my hotel, the Golden Nugget, the very night that I arrived! It was great!

Clint Holmes puts on a great variety show, tickets are $50+ though. He has some of the best musicians in Vegas in his band. His bassman, Roshon Westmoreland, always comes up front and center to do an incredible bass solo towards the end of the show.

Lounge bands with no cover abound in Vegas. to name a few... Steven Lee and No Fear for jazz, R & B, and current contemporary tunes; the Jimmy Hopper Band for excellent classic rock; Tex and the Killa Band for great soul, disco, funk tunes; and Earl Turner has an excellent show as well, but I think he is in Laughlin or Henderson, he has a great band that does everything from Earth Wind and Fire, to country western, to Al Jarreau, to everythng else. He's basically a soulful entertainer though, one of the best in Vegas. If you like jazz, check out the Bootlegger restaurant near the Belz Outlet Mall. There are too many others to mention. Good Luck and have fun.

Be sure to post your reviews when you get back.

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I'd swap those cirque du soleil for blue man group tickets.

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, the problem with that is we've seen Blue Man Group. In fact, wife's seen it twice.