1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Velvet Anima G

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by CarterEddy2004, Jan 22, 2021.

1. CarterEddy2004

CarterEddy2004

May 26, 2020
    I’ve heard from other forums that the Velvet Amina G has sort of a different texture, like almost a round wound feeling. Can anyone confirm this, and if so does anyone know a g string that pairs well with animas? Maybe the oliv G?

2. Velvet strings have been discontinued, so better look at a replacement, sorry!

HateyMcAmp likes this.
  3. CarterEddy2004

CarterEddy2004

May 26, 2020
    I actually found and bought a set of animas!

vin*tone likes this.
  4. CarterEddy2004

CarterEddy2004

May 26, 2020
    They’re in the mail.

Sam Dingle likes this.
  5. Whats the best like-for-like replacement for Animas these days?

I'm not looking forward to the day my strings die.

6. elmer

elmer

Oct 1, 2004
    Finland
    Well, I played (and loved) Animas many years and they all have a bit of that round wound feel to them. On the last sets I remember liking the G most because of the smoothest feel of them all :) I think they changed the G windings a bit from the first years...
    I found a good replacement from the Innovation Super Silvers which sound somewhat similar and don´t feel as sticky as Animas´ copper windings sometimes did during summer time. One drawback though is that bowing on Super Silvers is difficult. Arco with Animas was fine with that PC arco sound.
    Pirastro Chorda gut G is close to Anima G if you need to bow.

7. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    I enjoyed the full anima set until it exploded on me

8. I would wait before looking for a replacement. Put on the full set of animas and try them out. Don't be impatient, give them time to settle in. In my opinion, the anima G is great. I will miss these strings...

elmer likes this.
  9. CarterEddy2004

CarterEddy2004

May 26, 2020
    I just got the set and I am happy with how they feel.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021