1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

VELVET ANIMA SET for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by mellassie, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Only had the E string on for about an hour, I think the tension is too low for me. The other three strings are unused. I'd like to get 150.00 for them, they cost 215 at LNR .

2. new2jazz04

new2jazz04

Dec 18, 2004
    Sent you a PM message. Thanks.

3. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    This is maybe the wrong place to post this, but your thread sparked the idea:

It takes a long time for a bass to settle into having low tension strings, it seems. When I bought a set of Velvets, I recall the company warning that it would take like several weeks or something before the strings and the bass would become accustomed to each other, depending on what kind of strings were on before. In the first day, I detested them utterly for their floppiness and low volume. By the end of two weeks, they felt completely different and my bass sounded huge and fantastic with them on. So maybe they deserve more than an hour to show their true colors!

Course, once the true colors come out, you may hate them anyway. I loved the sound, but they really got in the way more than they helped, it seemed. Tom Warrington described them as "just not being there when you need them--you go to play, and they aren't there!" I noticed the same thing, so I gave them six months and put the spiros back on and haven't looked back since.

4. deirdre

deirdre

May 19, 2004
    Did you sell these? If not, I'm interested.

5. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    what color are these strings? are they kind of a copper color?