1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Velvet Animas for Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by garthstevenson, Jan 25, 2006.

1. garthstevenson

garthstevenson

Jan 25, 2006
    Well...I gave them a try...they sounded good but I like the feel of metal strings more. Anyone interested in buying a set of anima's from me. They were on my bass for less than 24hours. I paid $250..asking $190...I live in Brooklyn.

Thanks,

Garth
    617 536-6592

2. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    I don't think you kept them on long enough. Mine keep sounding better and better

3. oystein

oystein

Sep 15, 2001
    Norway, Leikong
    I agree, my first attempt with the Animas was not successful. I took them off after 1 day due to an upcoming gig. 4 months later a put them on again and this time I told myself to be patient. As already mentioned here on TB you should consider at least 2 weeks for yourself and the bass to adapt to these strings. They're so different if you're coming from Spiro's like I did.
    IMHO

4. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
  5. philly

philly

Nov 20, 2004
    nyc
    I agree with the other. The thickness and the feel of those windings is off putting at first.

6. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    It's been about three weeks for me, and they really sound good now, and i'm used to the feel. I'm not saying I'd never use spiros again, but I'll be keeping these on for a long time

7. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    and ya gotsta jack the string heights way up. With more tension they just feel like other metal strings to me except the thickness is different.

8. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Animas are the best strings ever! I even had my first set on for three weeks before throwing in the towel, but when I put the set of Spirocores back on my bass they sounded so...thin, quiet, utterly two-dimensional. Then I knew: it has to be Animas for me, because of the amazing amount and quality of sound coming out of the bass. The odd feel of the strings fairly quickly comes to feel normal, too.

Hopefully our positive reviews won't hijack the thread but will help you to find a buyer...

(PS You weren't at NEC recently, were you? I noticed the 617 area code and remembered everyone talking about a great bass player there named Garth who came after I left in 2001.)