Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Velvet Revolver

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tim Cole, May 12, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Anyone heard the stuff yet? I heard the track "Slither" on the radio tonight at work, while the radio in the truck sucks and is hard to hear, I was quite impressed. I am currently downloading the track from walmart.com (which is a pretty cool concept in itself, the artists get paid, no worries of downloading a virus, or bad file.....that's a whole other topic). If I turn out liking this one, I will definitely be picking up the CD. The talented section of GnR, and Scott Weiland up front.....how bad can it be?

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    This sounds like it might be cool. I've always dug Scott Weiland's sense of melody, and this is a cool type of band to showcase it in. Seems odd, though, that they replaced a drug-addled, head case with what could be considered more of the same. Let's see how long this one stays together.

I was really dissapointed when Axl couldn't keep the GnR tour together. I really wanted to see Buckethead.

By the way, Wal*Mart=Evil.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am a big STP fan and i think Scott is a very talented Musican so i just might get it. Stay clean Scott :bassist:

4. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I too am interested in hearing this whole thing. sounds like it could be great. Good vocalist....should be solid.

anybody else heard any of the other tracks?

5. I'll be buying the album, just to hear Slash, Duff + Matt.

"Slither" to me doesn't really offer any surprises though- it sounds like STP, with some of Slash's soloing character coming through.

6. I love Duff and Matt as a rhythm section. I like Slash's sound, I like Scott's voice. I heard one thing that sounded really cool, and I heard another (I assume it was Velvet Revolver) that a guitar lead playing over the chorus of the song that just seemed like "wankery" but the overall sound was cool.

Anybody remember the Neurotic Outsiders?

7. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I just saw the video on FUSE. It was pretty decent. It's them playing in a catacomb. I'm not the biggest G'n'R fan but I'll buy the album just because of Scott Weiland.