Velvet Revolver's " Fall to Pieces"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 23, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thoghts on this song?, i think it is pretty catchy tune although i am not ready to go out and by the record yet. I think Scott said he went and recorded the vocals right after he got busted the last time.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This song is way too... not my style I guess. I liked the first single, but this is so bleh. He says Fall in some form or another about 400 times in that song...

"Everytime I'm falling down... blah blah fall to pieces" fally fall. I try not to let lyrics bother me, but the melody doesn't save it for me on this ditty. The music is OK, Scotts vocals and lyrics :spit:
  3. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Judging from the 2 songs I've heard on the radio, I really don't see what the big deal is about them. Nowhere near as good as GnR used to be, nothing distinctive or interesting about them... they sound like any other rock band out there. If Slash wasn't in that band (and you can hardly tell he is anyway) nobody would care about them.

All IMO of course ;)
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it's a catchy tune but a bit banal. As Matt says, it feels like the 'fall to pieces' is repeated a LOT.
    I do like most of the rest of the album though.
  5. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I can hear Slash in every solo..he's just got that unmistakable tone. Almost the same with Duff although he's using a lot less Chorus these days.

I really only like "Slither" off of the of it sounds like the same thing. The "Fall To Pieces" tune could have been done much's just too......predictable??? And the video??? Geeez, talk about your generic 80's flashback!! :rollno:

As for the comparison to GNR and STP, it's gonna be there no matter what. Just like people comparing DamagePlan to Pantera (RIP Dime..). It's gonna be similar...but no where near the impact/talent as the original.

I think VR is a good group capable of lots...hopefully their second effort will be a little more diverse.
  6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Blech. Vanilla, straight up.
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, now that I know I'm not alone, I can't hold back from my first post: I ****ing hate this song.
  8. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    It's a good album but the singles are the weakest songs on the disc by far.
  9. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    +1 I think that there are some really good songs on this album, but Fall to pieces is not one of them.