Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Venison Pepperoni is hella good

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I bought some venison pepperoni from the farmer's market that happens every thursday across the street from my school. I have never had venison up to this point, let alone in pepperoni form.

Well, right now I'm eating it with a big box of cheddar cheese goldfish and a Sam Adams and I feel like the kind of the world. This is like a gourmet meal, its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

So, if you're down with it, I highly recommend you trying this and enjoying it.

Piece

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Venison bologna is also really good. Once upon a time a while back, I had venison stew and it was amazing.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Venison is good in any form. It's also better for you than domestic beef, it's leaner, lower in cholesterol and it doesn't have any of the hormones or antibiotics that are given to domestic cows. You're making me hungry! I sure hope I get a deer this year.

I'm out at our land with my parents this weekend and my mom is going to make chicken-fried deer steak. It's to die for.

brad cook

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You just said "hella"... :scowl:

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Bacon Burger is the best, that or venison fixed similar to sliced roast beef. I wish I knew some more hunters, I don't get to eat venison as much as I would like.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I feel the same way.

brad cook

7. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    venison? VENISON? That is DEER meat!! How could you partake in the consumption and the slaughter of such beautiful animals. i am going to take this moment to brainstorm a "no deer killing policy" and send it to my senator!!!!1!!

heh... just kidding

Slick
    (p.s. venison tastes even better when you know that is the same meat that you had to haul on your back for 15 miles uphill in dense brush trying to get back to your car)

8. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Youse guys who can't get venison or elk easily (hah!) might also try bison or grass-fed beef, both favorites around our household, and both readily commercially available.

Chili made with ground elk is off the map too, in a good way.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat. :D Plus, how many vegetables had to die for your salad. :D

About the last thing, Four Wheeler.

10. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    psh... 4 wheelers are for 14mers and n()()b5

haha... :p

nothing screams, "i am a man" more than killing something and then almost dying trying to get it.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Don't forget lazy people! *points at self*

Usually when I hunt hogs on our land I'll drive the four-wheeler out to a jumping off point and walk around for hours on foot from there. No sense in wasting time walking to where I'm going to start hunting. If I'm stand hunting or staying in one place I'll also drive out there. When deer or duck hunting that means I can wake up at 5:30 instead of 5:00 etc...

brad cook