Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

vent thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Apr 14, 2003.

1. ^$£!

i am so sick of this place.
    what is the deal with people wanting to be cool?
    what the HELL happend, someone PLEASE inform me, becuase you know, i'm so sick of being told on the day band practise is on or 'am going out that my 'friends' can't make it.

e.g.- 'our drummer' decided to WAIT until Sat to tell me, that he took all of last week off work, i mean, ***! he KNEW we 'd (guitarist & i) be off school for the next two weeks - and of course, being the lazy git he is (however i think hes actually sleeping early this one night :meh: ) , there's no way we'll get a decent jam session at all over the holiday. ARGH!
    And as for trying to get them into the studio? As if. "oh no, look at me, i want to be punk and NOT practise" <- guitarist.

seriously, this pisses me off so much.
    i think the only reaosn we HAVE a drummer is becuase he thinks its funny that we suck.

And as for Stephen the guitarist, he's SO punk.. he's always so busy; y'know, sitting at the computer all day, talking about how inspired he is, and how his new song rocks, and how much he's practised, and that his callouses hurt so much - aw, like i care. shove it. ever since he's gotten his guitar ive YET to see an improvement, he hasn't learn a song in MONTHS. yes, months. - which amounts to playing about... hmm.. less 100 times over that period.

im sick of hearing these new 'punks'. *** is this? its cool to act like a dip****, how the hell does that work out? 'oh look at me, i don't know when christmas is becuase i drank/smoked so much lats night! like 2 bottles of wine man'
    what happend.. i really dunno

theres somethin' up with my ear too. dunno if its some kind of waxy build up, or my cold has affected my ear, but its sure as hell bloody annoying - can barely hear thru it.. grrrrrrr.

*sigh*.. i aint got it bad, but everyone needs to vent once ina while.. y'know..

whats buggin' ya'll at the moment?

:rolleyes:

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  3. dump that gu9itarist and get a new one, no questions there

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    "whats buggin' ya'll at the moment? "

Totally inane posts written by people with no respect for grammar, spelling or content!

Wouldn't some sort of chat room be more appropriate for this sort of drivel?

Pkr2

5. I hear ya, dude, that's why I'm getting out of the punk/metal scene at the moment.

Personally, I'd lose them, and find some people better. I've heard you, you're good, you should try and mix it with people older than you - they're not going to be better than you, playing wise, and the ones that are in music should be far more dedicated.

6. thx parrot.. that felt good.. say it again :) :p

our drummer is defiantly good, id like to play on with him..

i would really like to go on and go for other bands, but how many people are looking for a 15 yr old bassist around here? :(

sorry.. i guess this thread is pretty pointless

7. Hell, it's off topic, these things happen. :)

8. i tried before, there was an original punk band looking for a bassist & drummer, ages 17-21 or something liek that, i called up and i think he nearly died laughing :(

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    just how old are you...

bp13

10. aaaaaaaah, typical age bias. Thinking about it, they could say "no" on the basis that they won't get gigs in pubs with you..... :meh:

I'm out of ideas, to be honest.

11. I went to the store, I got green beans, I got almonds, I got pepper. I forgot the darn butter.

Who the hell eats green beans without butter.
    Damn the tension I am feeling.
    I took it upon myself to take the 2 minute walk to the store and I forgot the darn butter.
    Damn It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't take it anymore, why am I such a screw up, I am so not with it.
    Do I need a list just for 4 items.
    Damn damn Damn.

p.s. If you like your green beans without butter please to not reply we are not on the same wave length.

12. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Most weekends, I'm up all night workin' from home
    for s/w upgrades and/or sys-admin maintenances.
    This means I usually sleep all day Saturday and Sunday.

I sincerely love the fine, fine neighborhood folk who
    ring my doorbell just as I'm dozin' off after a night of
    high-tech fun :rolleyes:. This despite the fact that I have a
    little sign on the door that says "No Soliciting".

Next time some glassy-eyed goober who wants to talk
    about Jeebus does this, I'll say, "Golly, that's a very nice,
    leather-bound dictionary you're clutchin' to your bosom!
    Ooooo, with gilt-edge pages too! Here's a thought...
    why don't you ****** use it ya `tard!" :mad: :p