1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

venting about tonight

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by clanner, Apr 15, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    so I will never play a show the night before a morning holiday ever again. myt guitarist/ lead singer was hit by a papa john's car on wednesday and broke his arm and still played tonight, one of our best shows. (top 5 I guess) and we basically played to a room of 6 people and concrete. none of the people that said they were coming came. needless to say I'm pissed because I've been running around all week promoting aswell as doing thins for church (playing in the morning at sunrise service and our regular service)

thanks, just needed to get this out.

2. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I hate that... happens to my band all the time. You just have to keep playing, then you'll get a stronger fan base.

My band's playing to a crowd of 2000 people this friday, so hopefully that'll boost our gig turnouts. :hyper:

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Aw, don't worry about it, man. You're a musician; you gotta get used to stuff like that happening. There's good days and bad days...there's good shows and bad ones.

4. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I know, it's just tat we've played worse shows, had less time to promote and had to fix stuff before and played to crowds that loved it even when we sounded like crap.

(btw, we had to take apart our marshell cab and get the input jack and search for a nut)

oh well, I feel better now, but I have some people that are going to hate me next week.

5. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    It's all good. Believe me, even the best bands had times when they played to 5 people who were there early for the headliner band (In other words-no one was there for them). So, don't be too disappointed. If you believe, you'll build your own fanbase who will eventually never miss your shows.