Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Every now and then I just need to complain.... so I'm gonna.

The house I grew up in, which is attached to the house I'm presently living in, has been sold. My parents lived there until one week ago. They moved about 100 miles away. The house has been "home" since the day I was born. There is a new family now in MY home. They're gutting it and rebuilding the inside. Every day a see a little piece of the walls that framed my youth going out the curb. I see the light on in my parents bedroom and it's not them anymore. I can't borrow bananas anymore, wash clothes, lay on their couch, watch their cable TV, have cofee with them, call them when I lock my keys in the car, etc. etc. I'm very protective about my age so I'll just say it's well over 30 yrs. that I've felt it was my safe haven. I never thought they'd sell it while they were still alive.

The house I'm living in is going next, they've got a buyer. This was my grandmothers house. I'm moving into a Coop (hopefully) in a couple of weeks.

I am the only family member who still has to see the house every single day, hear people in it, see them. I used to have nightmares about this when I was a kid. I remember one really vivid dream where my parents had sold the house, I went into the new people's house and had to ask permission to use their bathroom.

Enough ranting. I'm sad. Actually I think I'm passed that. I'm depressed. Can't seem to do anything except what I absolutely have to do. This too shall pass I know, but mourning sucks, and that's what I guess it is I have to do.

That's all for now.
  2. I understand what you're sayin' brother ! I went through the same thing when I had to sell my grandparent's house.
    It's been 15 years and I still can't drive by the place. :(
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That sucks. My parents' house has also been sold, although my mom will stay there until spring, when the new buyers' want to move in. It is where I grew up, and I hate to see it go.