1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ventures Jazz opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by claybone, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Hi. I stumbled upon a Fender Jazz Ventures model here in Manila for 57,000 pesos, around $1000. It sounds good, and 60% says I want it. The 40% says, ask first for opinions. so, should i take it? Is the price ok for a NOS? Will it hold it's value down the line? Thanks.

-Erick-

2. ..guess I should have first used the search function.. i dug up some nice infos here..

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I was kind of interested in a "Ventures" Jazz bass a while back. I played a couple and thought the played and sounded very good. At the time I was shopping for one, used ones were selling from about $700 - $900. I don't know what the market is like in Manila, but I would guess that $1000 for a NOS Fender "Ventures" bass would be fair.

FWIW, I loved the blocks and binding and matching headstock. I didn't really care for the one-piece pickguard/control plate.

4. good basses don't show here much often nowadays.. and if something shows up, it's generally cheap. I picked up years ago a NOS Ric 4001 for 26000 pesos (around $500), so I'm somewhat comparing the Ventures jazz to the price of that Ric. So I guess i should put on my best haggling mode and talk them on selling me the jazz for half, eh? :)
    Thanks for the input, Slater.

-Erick-