1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Venues in Akron, OH.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Scionreality, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    Hello everyone.

My three-piece just played a show in Columbus, Ohio this weekend. The guitarist/vocalist and I live about four feet from Akron (and the Drummer lives out on the far side of Egypt).

The show was a lot of fun, and everyone seemed to enjoy our set (and my girlfriend's "I'm ****ing the bassist" t-shirt). The band that invited us out expressed an interest in playing with us more often, and suggested maybe bouncing back-and-forth between Columbus and Akron.

One problem: I don't know of many places in my own hometown to play. Bummer. We have quite a few biker-bars, but we don't play the kind of music they're looking for (kinda like... Chevelle + Deftones).

I don't really mind the journey to Cbus too much, it's just expensive.

So, Is there anyone on TB who knows some Akron area venues we could rock-out?

Thanks, everyone.

2. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Are you kidding? you live there and you dont know? My guess is your pretty young am i right? Look at where i'm from and shoot me a PM...BTW the scene in A-town stinks.

3. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Where did you play in columbus?

4. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    C.B.R.'s. It was a nice place.

I kind of figured I would get this response. It's reasonable.

Actually, I am pretty young, but I should be old enough to know my way around the local scene. I'm 23, but I don't drink, and I don't "club". That's just not me. Unfortunately, it kind of hinders my local stage knowlege.

I know the scene here is pretty weak. Most of the people I know in bands play in Cleveland, sometimes in Kent, sometimes in Columbus, etc. I was just reeeeally hoping that I was simply missing an awesome place or three. Closest to decent I've played in Akron was the Daily Double, but there was a problem there, too.

Jeez, novels. Sorry.

5. sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    C.B.R.'s?
    Where's that?
    It's out of my circuit.

6. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    It's in the "Brewery District". Right across from some brewery with a miniature Eifel (sp?) Tower ("miniature" meaning like 25' tall), and behind -but sharing the building with- some techno club that gets raided by the cops on a regular basis (from what a regular player at C.B.R.'s told me).

7. sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Thats a hoppin' area.
    I'm sure you had a good crowd.

8. Scionreality

Scionreality

Dec 18, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    Oh yeah. Breweries + St. Patty's Day weekend + a really fun set = a very happy, energetic crowd. It was a blast.

What is "your circuit," sedan dad?