1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Verbzilla octo effect on a bass??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassoren, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Bassoren

Bassoren

Jul 27, 2014
    Denmark
    Hi i'm thinking about buying a Verbzilla, and I think in all of the demo videos i can find, it sounds pretty good - Yet I can't find any videos where it's used on a bass?
    I think the "octo" effect is awesome, and it is one of the main reasons why I want it... it has this warm string-like vibe to it..
    So my question is; Does "string-like" effect sound just as "string-like" as on a guitar?

2. i have used the octo verb from my M13 quite a lot.. It's a nice effect. Unfortunately i don't have a recording of it, but i can tell you it sounds great on bass.

3. I messed with the octiverb on the m5 when I had it. The strymon blue sky does a really nice octave up shimmer . The digitech polara and boss rv-6 can do it also. check out this pedal also...

The biggest problem with this type of sound a it can difficult to control because the octave up content lags behind.

4. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    I have bought Wet Neunaber for that kind of sound. Sounds good, but after all i use it for modulated reverb almost always on.

5. Bassoren

Bassoren

Jul 27, 2014
    Denmark
    Thanks for the answer ! I'll be checking all these pedals out, before buying anything :D

6. No problem

7. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    Reverse octave up reverbs/delays are awesome on bass when used in certain ways. I use both all the time. The reverse delays (Strymon BigSky Shimmer, Eventide H9/Space Shimmer, etc) are great for a subtle pad in the back of your sound (this angelic choir like effect). The Crystals effect on the H9 or other reverse octave up delays are great for when you really want those high end chirps to be pronounced in the foreground of your sound! However IMHO all of these effects are better with long notes, chords, etc. Useful for intros, outros, swelling sections, live-looping, pads, etc. That's my 2 cents at least. You can hear some of the H9/Pitchfactor Crystals effect in my H9 review (around the 10:50 mark). Hope this helps in someway!

Driven Crane likes this.