1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Verbzilla Octo Setting is Acting Up

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Jul 16, 2008.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sometimes it sounds like there's paper being crumpled in my signal when I've got it on.

It didn't do this for the first few months, but it's been doing it recently. I've changed modules and docks several times, and I'm using a new version of each (thank you, warranty plan). It still seems to be acting up.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

2. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    you've changed the module and the dock and you still have the problem???...doesn't sound like it's the pedal to me then...you've basically changed the pedal out...

3. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've tried all kinds of different power configs.

Maybe my super hot bass is just causing more problems?

4. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I keep telling you to wear pants that don't fit so tight.

5. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    It comes with the name! Why can't you just drop it?!

6. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i wonder if the problem ever got resolved.....i would ask spanky...but he's never here :(

7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    This is your second Spanky comment today. Someone missing his Intawnet fwiend.

I do too. TB needs him to come back and bring the good times with him. Boo can't do it all by his lonesome.

I keep waiting for my g****rist's Echo Park to crumple up under his foot when he stomps on it. Untankular pedal design...

8. When I tried the Octo reverb on the M13 at GC (not a floor model - fresh out of the box) it made crackling/static sound, albeit faintly, that had me concerned. It's def. one of my favorite sounds when it works...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021