1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Verdine White on new Flo Rida single

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by pklima, Mar 30, 2015.

1. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    How do you feel about this? I think it the bass definitely works in the track and gives the track a nice relaxed feeling. Could even be a good cover to start learning now for summer gigs.

Whousedtoplay likes this.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You folks are gonna swear he was dancing in the studio, but the bass still tracked!:bassist:

markjazzbassist and Bob_Ross like this.
  3. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I think the bass is cool... pretty much the best part of the song (along with the guitar). Verdine is and always will be one of my all time favorites .

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  4. MD Stingray

MD Stingray Guest

Jan 17, 2008
    Bump for a nice bass-track (as always) from Verdine. Nice song too btw.

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I dig Verdine's bass here. But those lyrics should not be highlighted--oof.

6. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    To all those Music Industry Producers - "Gurus".

A bass player was ALWAYS a big part in any Song creation/recording/performing procedure.
    You don't save ANY MONEY/"cutting the recording cost" by eliminating the bass player and relying on the Keyboard player trying to imitate a good bass player.

To all those young "SUPERSTAR" - "check-my-Instagram-photos" SINGERS making buckets of money
    - YOU WON'T LOOSE ANY MONEY BY HIRING A GOOD BASS PLAYER, but your songs will sound MUCH BETTER AND GROOVIER!

To all bass players.

If you are a real bass player - get back in the mainstream "Lite" music. There is NO SHAME whatsoever to play even a simple but grooving bass line for our Pop Singers.
    The bass player has been ALWAYS a very important part of ANY composition including Pop Music, and only that pervasive "cheap labor" ideology by using the computerized recording technologies minimized the bass players to some youtube teachers, wedding musicians, etc...

Anyway, a very cool song with a very groovy bass-line.
    Could that song with a real bass player become like a Trendsetter or not?

Dr. Cheese and MD Stingray like this.
  7. Verdine my hero, still killing it and he's damn near 70 years old. you da man verdine!

8. MD Stingray

MD Stingray Guest

Jan 17, 2008
    What bass is he playing on this track? To me it sounds like a Jazz on steroids.

9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    That is a nice track...