1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Versatile Bass Combo around $500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Two-Spirit, May 7, 2017.

1. I'm looking for a combo that can do every sound with the help of pedals. I know I want to get the Sansamp VT Bass. I'm thinking TC Electronic BG250 210 or 112, Ampeg BA series, or Hartke. I have a Peavey BXT Cirrus 5 string. I thought about the idea of saving for something like a Markbass combo. I've done a lot more research into guitar gear even though I play both. I should add that volume wise its acoustic guitar to drummer.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. I'm thinking about getting a Gallien Krueger MB212 or the MB210

jchrisk1 likes this.
  3. Brians Twin

Brians Twin

May 7, 2017
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I'd definitely go GK over TC, as you can't even add an extension cab to a TC combo.

If you want a combo I'd definitely go for the GK MB212, and then add the 212 powered extension cab for when you need more. I wouldn't bother with Markbass if GK is on your radar.

scottfeldstein and shawshank72 like this.
  5. Thanks

6. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    You should go play some combos to see how they sound. Include a Markbass. Don't go by the negative comments on this site.

A Fender Rumble 500 2x10 combo fits your price range. But you need to hear one, as well as the GK to know the differences. Then try a Markbass and form your own opinion. Guitar Center carries them.

Linnin likes this.
  7. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Love my BG250-112 too much! Flexible, and easy, and light, and fairly durable, and pretty darn loud. Had no idea that cheap combos could sound like this.

Repainting the music room this weekend and since everything is going to be off the walls/shelves, I will finally get a chance to crank it to 11.

I paid more like $300 than $500.

8. nomeX

nomeX

Nov 26, 2011
    H-Town
    Happy with my GK MB115. I was all set to get a second one or even an MB210 or MB212, but then I got really into tube amps. Now I'm looking for 120-180 watt guitar combos to repurpose.