Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Versatile Basses with a P-Style neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by l0calh05t, Dec 27, 2001.

1. What possiblities are there?

The ones I already looked at are:
    Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass
    Fender Stu Hamm Urge II
    G&L L2000

And please also tell me what you think of them

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Sadowsky
    Lakland
    Mike Lull

;)

3. could you be a bit more precise?

oh and i forgot to say that the price should not be to much more than $1800 and the basses should be able to get a p-bass similar tone.

4. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The Urge II has a thin Jazz-like neck.

5. no the urge II neck is a bit less wide than that of a p but wider than the neck of a j

6. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The Urge II neck is 1.590" wide at the nut, just a miniscule amount wider than a J neck.

7. Pic up an old Peavey T-40 if you like the P neck profile. You also wanted versatile, and it does it. Prolly $200 with a case.

8. Where do you think i can get information on those Peavey T-40s? But I think i will not go for that option because it's kinda hard to find used basses here... I have no idea where

9. Sadowsky bass. He offers P width necks. Whether you go jazz, PJ, or 24 fret it's incredibly versatile in which is deceiving by it's looks and simplicity. Simply wonderful versatility and tone live and in the studio. In the mix it sits amazingly well.

10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I think Spectors have big ol' chunky P size necks. None of my 4 four-strings has a P neck but I really like the feel of them. My Tacoma comes close.