Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

vertical array guitar cab setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Aug 8, 2005.

1. I was bored and not studying the other day, i was looking through last years Carlsbro catalogue (I know the distributer and am thinking about some PA speakers cus i have money to waste and like making noise)

Anyway, i saw the "Nu Tone" guitar amp stack they had, it had a 1x15" cab and a 2x12" cab (that was designed so it sits vertically), they also have a standard 4x12", anyways

I just thought it was strange to see :

A) a guitar setup using a 15" speaker
    B) something different from the standard 4x12"

this is all, dont know if i should have bothered posting this or not, but, meh :p

[​IMG]

[edit] added a pic of it if anyones interested [/edit]

2. why is that 2x12 so big? looks like a pain to haul around.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    15's in a guitar rig have been offered before and even Randall offers a couple of cabs currently with 15's. The RS125XL and RS125CX both have a 15 and two 12's.

4. I had an old blues guitar player friend who used 2 1x15 cabs. One cab for rehearsals and 2 cabs for gigs. They had open backs and didn't distort that much, but he got a little bit of overdrive from the amp.. I believe he used an old Peavey all tube head,... probably 25 - 50 watts. Sounded great.

5. fair enough, shut me up! its just something you dont see every day