veruca salt did not turn into a blueberry!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by robb., Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in order to correct the willy wonka error in the closed egg-hair thread:

violet beauregard turned into a blueberry -- "violet! you're turning violet!" veruca salt was determined to be a bad egg and was dropped down a chute towards the incinerators.

2. After she did not turn into a blueberry she had a pretty major hit with "Seether" off the album "American Thighs." The followup "Eight Arms To Hold You" did not fare quite as well.

Actually, thanks for setting everyone straight, I mix them up myself. Two snooty, snotty bad little girls gone...
  3. Veruca and Augustus had to of died, right? I mean, Mike Teevee may have been the size of a pencil, but he's still alive, and violet being a gigantic blueberry.
  4. Augustus got out when the pressure got too strong and was sucked right out. Veruca just went down the bad egg chute- she probably got covered in goose-egg! Mike *MAY* have been killed because he was going to get put in the taffy pulling machines! For all we know, violet still is a giant blueberry.
  5. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    You can't live as a giant blueberry silly. The goats will eat you.
  6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Damn, talk about stretch marks.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    wow....sorry to offend you. I stand corrected.

8. ok
  9. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Too bad, because Eight Arms was the better album IMHO
  10. What was the "hit" off that one? I vaguely remember it.
  11. I agree.
    I saw them live and they rocked. Great band.
  12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that movie severely disturbed me. they never bother to show you the kids being in decent shape after their punishments. there is only the occasional passing remark by wonka.

and to think that adults force children to watch that movie. "if ya don't sit down and shut up, it's to the incinerator ya go, kid!"
  13. the lead single on "eight arms to hold you" was "volcano girls"

14. though the movie is content to leave the children's fates unsaid, the book provides the details, most of which i don't recall particularly well. none of them died, though. mike teevee was stretched thin like bill cosby's old weird harold; violet was juiced but never had her color restored; i don't recall what happened to everyone else, but it's in the book.

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    You know, as a kid I was going to watch that movie but after about 5 minutes a thought "what a crappy movie" and went out to play wiffle ball. As an adult, after having so many people shocked to hear that I'd never seen Willie Wonka, I decided to sit through it with my kids. After about 5 minutes I thought "what a giant peice of crap..." and started wishing I had a wiffle ball. :meh:
  16. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  17. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    totally, one of my favourite bands :)
  18. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    fwiw, a few years ago i went to a music festival in west palm. veruca salt was the opening act.

...except it was just a guitar player and a bass player. that was it. no drummer. i think that neither of them were the actual singer for the band, too.

and it was terrible.
  19. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    well of course it would be below par if it wasn't the full band ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.