1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

very cool french finding...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Human Bass, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    So I found this site www.lairat.com that has really interesting guitars...the highlight to me was this bass...

[​IMG]

Seems to be VERY light.

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    thats pretty darn cool.

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa
    Yup, i would like to know whats the deal with Benedeti p-ups since Mr Benedeti passed away.

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    And I thought the were good basses only in the other side of the Reno :p

5. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Cool! Too bad the knobs are in such a dumb location, though... :meh:

6. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Wow, thats very interesting. I wonder how they sound.

7. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Actually the knobs a in a great location. think of where your hand is and how quick you could do a little knob tweaking during a performance.

8. I wonder if there's any problem with the string windings coming off the tuning pegs, angled like they are?

9. Nice body... but an ugly head...

10. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    There are all kinds of headstocks on the website, even headless ones!

11. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i like how it looks, although i'd never buy one, it looks like something from Aliens. those knobs combined with the 24 frets would really mess up my picking....

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    While I'm sure the bass is built sturdily, I'm pretty sure I'd break a piece of it off within a week or two.

13. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    You guys can see more traditional basses in the website...and i cant deny that the guitars give me GAS!!!

14. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    I really dig the desing of the head, very cool way of avoid neck diving.

15. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    There's a lot I like about them. Not sure though about the way there's very little on which to rest your right arm. IMO he should add a bit of wood to the bent/laminated curve there.

16. I have been told that Mr Benedetti was retired from making PUs himself for a few years, letting the work to Mr Marcadal, who goes on building them with same specifications and success.

I love them on two of my basses.

Sorry I can't tell about Lairat's guitars and basses, which seem very nice and with original design and wonderful use of laminations too. He is a bit far from my home.

Other French Tbers will input soon, I guess.

17. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston

Yeah, I'd think of where my hand is , and how quickly I'd hit one of those knobs and screw my sound all up!! :p Pretty cool looking instrument though.