1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VERY cool "Power Windows" Rush demo recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by fleabee, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Give thanks to this guy that stumbled on these :

2. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Maryland
    Where did this come from?

Rush has always been good about keeping things that didn't make the album away from the public. Sounds like Rush though. Manhattan Project sounds cool with the reggae vibe. This won't stay up long.

3. I stumbled on it yesterday on youtube...ive never come across anything like this from Rush...since its lonnng since its release there should be no issues

4. Cool stuff. I've never heard any Rush demos period.

5. Im surprised there aren't more Rush fans into this. I nearly jizzed on myself when I found it.

6. Cool! Thanks for the link. :hyper:

7. I feel like such a let down. I really thought Rush fans would love hearing something like this lol

8. This is awesome. I love checking out bands demo's to hear what certain songs actually started out as.

9. Really cool! I guess they would have gotten more attention had they been Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves demos, but I'm a fan of their mid-80s stuff.

10. Great stuff! Lots of high school memories there...and thanks to FF's download helper, I'll have the files even after Mr. Peart says to pull 'em. :D

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    That one of Emotion Detector is so cool. This is an amazing find. I can't believe it. Hopefully they won't get taken down. I have to say that Power Windows is my second favourite Rush album, after Hold Your Fire.

What I want to know is, where did he get this pure gold? Listen to Grand Designs, that synth tone is amazing!

12. I think all of the tunes are amazing in demo form

13. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Ahhh! I cant get on to youtube here at work so I hope they stay up long enough to check out tonight! (unless someone saved the videos and can share?? Hmm? :D)

I did stumble on a Rush site that had live recordings of songs they played at concerts before they were released on an album. Like Tom Sawyer for example...some parts were different and it was cool to hear the evolution. That link is:

http://www.musicintheabstract.org/

You will have to search around a bit but they are there.

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Awesome site, I've already downloaded the recovered fade out and isolated tracks of "Mission"! :D

15. dynamite link! Thanks

16. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks. It was cool, they had a link to an MP3 of the very first time they ever played Fly By Night live...pretty cool! And those isolated guitar tracks without any effects on them is pretty cool to hear too. They also have some isolated Geddy bass as well. Fun site.

17. digging up this post just because im listening to it and diggin it

18. Very, very cool! Alex is really heavy on the chorus, as was befitting the 80s!

19. IIRC, a relative of Alex or Geddy's gave the tape to a schoolfriend around the time they were recorded. He sat on them ever since, and just rediscovered them recently.

20. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...