Very curious about the Fender Jazz Professional vs. Standard vs. ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bad_ai, Aug 29, 2018.

1. bad_ai

bad_ai Inactive

Jun 19, 2018
    Is Fender just all over the map with this stuff? The American Standards I've had any access to at big box retailers are heavy instruments. Otherwise they seem like good instruments. I also assume they're USA made. Now their Professional series which are lighter in between 8.5 and 10 lbs. and you most likely have to order online and take your chances. That being said, what are the real differences? They're in the same price range. The one Pro I looked at was rather cheesy. Maple "C modern" neck and that's it. Lists for $1500! What? Standards, too. Same price. Personally I think Fender's gone mad. What's the deal between all these models at virtually the exact same retail price range? You can't get any deals with them. Fender through Guitar Center, Musicians Fiend, Am Sash -- faggaddaboudit. Gotta go to Norman's for my sanity.

2. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Professional replaced Standard so it’s basically the new American Standard. Last year of USA Standard is 2016.
    There’s also Mexican Standard series, so that could have impacted the renaming decision too.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021