1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Very early Don Grosh Custom.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Trabeen, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trabeen

Trabeen Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Very early indeed, this is serial number 02 so I guess that if you are a collector there is only one earlier to grab other than this. Excellent shape, a few tiny non-finish-penetrating pimples in the Seafoam Green lacquer and some very light swirling on the pickguard are the extent of things to report. All original other than a refret requested by me with jumbos at Don's shop in January of 2006, factory etched on the back of the neckplate as such. 25 1/2" scale, 1 5/8" nut width; .800" thick at the first fret and .950" at the fifteenth. Alder body with a tinted maple neck; Telecaster setup at the bridge and neck with a Strat between the two and standard three-way switching with a toggle to allow bridge/neck or all three if you really wanna' roar things up nicely. Wilkinson trem includes the original bar, includes a sweet vintage lacquered tweed hard case. 7 1/2 pounds of chewy goodness, this is a find for either the player or the collector. Serial number stamped into the back of the headstock, etched on the neckplate, and stamped/dated in the neck pocket and on the heel. $1,800 $1,500 shipped / insured CONUS.

2. Very cool guitar . . . do you know the fretboard radius ?

3. Trabeen

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Thanks, it is a slick one. I don't have a radius gauge to say exactly, a solid guess is in the 9 1/2 to 10 inch range.

4. bassmanhamilton

bassmanhamilton Commercial User

Nov 21, 2007
    Georgia
    Owner, J. Hamilton Guitars
    Bump for a great guitar. I have one of his Retro Classics and they are fine instruments!

5. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    Hopefully the Grosh forum members will check this out!

6. Trabeen

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Snowy night bump and price tweak, $1500 shipped CONUS.

7. Trabeen

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    ...and off to Texas, many thanks Robert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.