1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Very first time trying to play country.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by makkE, Dec 8, 2011.

1. makkE

makkE

Jan 19, 2010
    Normandie, France
    So this is just a little jam on this jam-website I frequent.

The backing track is a bit sketchy sometimes time-wise, but I tried my best to keep it together. I never played country before, and as a german wasn't exposed to it much either.

How did I do?

I read here on TB that country might looks easy, but getting the right feel is the tricky part, so I wonder if that's the right direction.
    Besides, the sound is awful, direct line-in into an old soundcard...

120 Bpm Country backing track | free download | Chords: G - D7 | Bass backings from wikiloops

2. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    I can't listen to your track here at work, but country feel is definitely tough to get down if it's not something you're familiar with. I've only been playing in that style for about a year and I still work at it. It's hard to sound uptight and relaxed at the same time!

3. hgregs

hgregs

Sep 25, 2008
    ct/ny border
    the bass sounds great. you'd have no problem w/ country. ironically, the accordian (keys i imagine) make it sound like a german polka.

4. Indicahound

Indicahound

Dec 4, 2010
    ^Not ironic, most of those country and bluegrass music came from German settlers who settled most of Appalachia at that time. A lot of the early country were just bastardized german music mixed with irish and other folk music.

This should help you play it, One Five One Five One five five seven(walk up from five) one five ect ect. Also don't forget, you don't have to do this, its just what everyone will expect.

5. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    It's asking a lot for me to listen to country, but I checked it out.

Sounds good, bass is nice and lively.

I've been working on stuff lately that has taken me outside my normal box into different areas of feel/tone.