Very good combo at a truly nutty price!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Madness is once again running rampant among online retailers.

To cut to the chase, is selling the Ashdown
    Electric Blue 130-15 bass amp for $559.00 - a good price.

but... is selling the exact same amp for
    $399.00 - and that's just nuts.

That's a $160.00 savings! What the Super size french fry is going on here? How do they do it? I have played through this amp about a month ago, and it sounds major good. I also played through the 130-12 combo, and personally liked it a little better; I just happen to prefer the sound of 12s.

I was even considering selling my Bassman 60 for a second. Hey, I love this amp; it's just the right size between a small practice amp and a gigging size combo, and it's 60 watts going through a 12. I paid $400.51 for this last July. Now this Ashdown comes along at twice the power, with a 15 at the same price! I'm not gonna sell the Fender, I love it too much,
    besides, I have a 100 watt 1x15 Yamaha sitting around doing nothing. I must control the G.A.S urge. I want to get a fiver soon any way.

Seriously though, if anyone out there is looking for a *VERY*
    good sounding medium power combo for a really good price, I highly recommend that you check this amp out. One other thing; when you go to the M/F site, you'll notice that the smaller amp, the 130-12 is $499.00 - $100.00 more! ???????

In the M/F paper catalog it says it's an intro offer, so think fast; will it be the weekend in the mountains with your girlfriend, or the amp? Remember, the amp CAN be shut off.

Check it out guys,
    Mike J.
  2. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    for 399 everyone should own that ashdown combo!
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Yes, but you can't schtupp the amp. :)
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Damn it. I handled my GAS already.... how can you do this to me????

(heard later on at my house) - "Honey, do we really have to eat this month?"
  5. Gabu, I know what you mean. I love my Bassman60,
    but, I actually have played through this thing, and it sounds sooo good. It's sounds halfway between an Ampeg and a Hartke. Why must they have a crazy promo like this now? I mean when they mark something down $20.00, there's a big flag next to the item like it's the best deal in the world. This is $160.00 off, and they just put a little sign next to it saying introductory offer.

As far as cutting back on food, there's always mayo/mustard/ketchup sandwiches, and my personal favorite:a can of Alpo with a touch of Spaghetti sauce...close your eyes and you'd swear it was Beefaroni.

The things we do for music!
    Mike J.