Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Very good gig bag news!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jerry Ziarko, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I just received an e-mail from Jaci at incase. She said the slim and the dub guitar and bass bags will be reintroduced in early "2006" She stated they should be available at select dealers as well as direct. Stay tuned.....

2. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Got any pictures? I'm not familiar with these bags....

3. Dear god yes.
    The news couldnt be better. I can't believe they discontinued them to begin with. *grumblegrumble* stupid ibook cases *grumblegrumble*

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Excellent news indeed! We used them as an OEM option at Roscoe, and I love these. Even snuck one for myself...

:ninja:

...hopefully, we'll have them available soon!!!

:hyper:

5. No fair Gard. Gotta share the wealth.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What were the going street prices for these bags the first time around?

7. The DUB bags and Tourbags were very cumbersome and overdesigned IMO... but the Slimbag is absolutely the best case I've ever owned. I bought a spare just in case they were never re-introduced. I believe the Slimbags were $149, including shipping the first time around.

Great news.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've got a Tourbag, and I actually kinda agree...too many bells & whistles....and I believe that the "new" versions will be the Slimbags, they're not bringing the Dub or Tourbag back.

9. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I have two Tourbags and can't wait for the Slimbags to come back!

Tourbags are great if you really need to carry a lot of stuff, but after using them for the last couple years I think I'd rather carry an extra rucksack than to have all the weight in just one.

10. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I've got a Slim Bag, it rocks faces.