1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Very impressed with my SX jazz 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ModulusQ5-122, Jun 27, 2012.

1. I bought this bass just because it was cheap and its almost become my main player lataely. I dropped an audere jz3 preamp in it and it sounds great. It kinda shocked me actually how good it sounds. Sweet!

2. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    Nice looking bass. What is the string spacing like on these?

3. Feels like 17.5 maybe 18??

4. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Old headstock! Did you get it used? Was it modded or tweaked in by previous owner? New pickups?

My only gripe with mine is single coil hum.

5. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Mine is great too. Never expected it to be. Many here on TB say it can't be so. Mine sounds exactly like a pre CBS jazz, $177.00 shipped!

6. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Congrats! Welcome to the world of SX! :cool:

7. I modded one to the heavens a few years back. Also dropped in the Audere. What a great bass for the coin!

8. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,

wow. just wow.

:ninja:

9. I'm amused by those that love to troll threads they disagree with. I don't understand the rationale of feeling you *need* to post just to make your disagreement known.

10. No,YOU"RE a towel!

11. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I've had two 4 string SX Jazzes that were both really nice. Sounded very very good too. The LPB one was gorgeous too. Gigged them many times with no issues.

Would like to try a 5'er one day.

12. Nuh uh!!!

13. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Great basses can be had at all price points.

14. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Still loving mine too, SX 5s have been my main basses for 8 years now. :hyper:

15. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    You mean like how you are doing exactly the same thing?

16. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My apologies to those who are tired of my affliction, but when I see SX and LPB in the same post I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!! I LOVES me some SX LPB:

IMGP1229a.

17. conqr

conqr

Feb 16, 2009
    One can reasonably say SX build quality can be hit/miss, but one thing is certain, they nail classic Fender J tones to a 't', better than some Squier variants.

18. How so? I own several SX basses (along with several multi-thousand dollar basses) and I am sharing my similar enjoyment with my basses. You, on the other hand, came in just to stir crap. It's what you do.

19. Too bad that color hasn't come back yet.