1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD VERY LOW PRICE! Audiokinesis TC115-AF (Wide)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gregbackstrom, Oct 23, 2016.

1. gregbackstrom

gregbackstrom Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    Price:
    I guess I'll give this one last shot. Here's the highly-regarded Audiokinesis Thunderchild TC115-AF (wide) in mint condition. This is a 4 ohm cabinet which utilizes a custom Kappalite 15" woofer. This is the "acoustic-friendly" version, with an additional rear-mounted tweeter to create greater ambience and "three dimensionality." This cabinet features a four-port tuning system which allows the user to tune the cabinet to the room, change the low end character of the cabinet, etc.

The latest version of this cabinet is 8 ohms only, and will cost you $1,100 plus shipping. Mine is in mint condition, functionally and cosmetically, and comes with a highly-protective, double padded cover.

This is the lowest price I've seen for one of these cabs, and none of the others have been in such good condition, and with such a good cover! If I had the room (and the $), I'd gladly keep it (and I guess I may have to). But for the gigs I'm playing, one or two of my 112's easily meet my needs. Lots of folks love this cab -- I'm sure you will too!!

Here are some pics!

TC115 front.JPG TC115 back.JPG TC115 top.JPG TC115 bottom.JPG TC115 side1.JPG TC115 side2.JPG TC115 cover.JPG

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. superiorpine

superiorpine Superiorpine Gold Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    GLWS love mine. Light, powerful and studio quality sound with a smooth top end and great dispersion.

3. gregbackstrom

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    Thanks! These are great cabinets!!

4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bump - a non-wide, non-AF 4-ohm example has been my main cabinet over the last few years...

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    OH, MAN! Me likey for upright...but can not do...

6. gregbackstrom

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    Thanks Dr Jim!

7. gregbackstrom

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    Weekend price drop!! Now only $720.00. Super cabinet at an unbeatable price!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  8. What is the weight?

9. gregbackstrom

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    I believe it's about 40 lbs.

10. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    How can this still be here - someone needs to get this under their Christmas Treeā€¦.

11. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I won't sell mine. It's the best!

12. ii-v

ii-v

Mar 27, 2005
    SLC, UT
    Does this perform well with electric or is it designed as an upright cab?

13. gregbackstrom

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    These cabs sound great with electric bass! Their frequency response is very flat, and they can produce the SPL of some 410 cabs. The woofer and tweeter are really well-integrated, too. The cab sounds very consistent from low notes to high notes.

14. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I've only used this cab for electric, simply because I haven't had an upright gig in a very long time. It's fantastic. It's also very sensitive (more so than the 112) to the use of the port plugs, and using 0, 2 or 4 plugs at once yields very different cabinet voicings. This is especially handy if you play a variety of venues like I do. The AF feature is handy for drummers who tend to like hearing the midrange they usually miss, and they've told me so. Like I said, mine is not for sale.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  15. NateMan

NateMan

Jul 17, 2008
    Palm Coast FL
    Interested! PM Sent....

16. KJAXE

KJAXE Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    FARGO, ND
    PM sent

17. gregbackstrom

Feb 3, 2005
    Tacoma, Washington
    ... and sold! Thanks everyone!

18. TBGFRED

TBGFRED Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Oh thank the gods - this was a turr'ble, turr'ble temptation.
    Congrats to both parties.