1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Very New Bass Player and to the Forums

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Suburbanshinobi, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Hello everyone!

Got my first bass nearly 7 years ago. Its's been my primary Guitar. So all these years Am not sure what I been Really doing because I didn't Really have a teacher until now. I am feeling the desire to be more serious about my playing just this year this is one of my New year Reations as well. I am slowly learning form my bass teacher that has 40 years under this beit(I Really resourthed to martial arts again?). I want to learn Rock, Melodic death metal and Blues(Reason my Teacher is into the blues.)

I live in Indiana with my Partners. I hope to make a Melodic death metal/Hard Rock band and use the American revolution as that type of music.

2. Best advice I can give you is get together with likeminded people in your area and practice together.

3. I have a few friends but, I lost contact with them. Am going to have to make new friends now.