Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Very nice Schecter C-4, needs some work, $125 + shipping.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KenToby, Dec 20, 2004.

1. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    You know the one; Beautiful quilted top, Gold hardware, 2 band EQ, binding around the the body and neck, very nice detailed inlay in the rosewood fingerboard.
    This bass looks GREAT!!

Someone started to rout the body for different pickups (includes pickups if you want to finish the job. Can be very nice if you take your time!!).
    The truss rod won't turn but the neck is adjusted perfectly the way it is.

This sells for $499 at Musicians friend, etc.
    I should be priceing this around $225 but my price is a give away $125 + shipping to keep it from sitting around.

PM me...

Thanks,

KT

2. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Just wanted to give put some closure on this thread -- I finished this project bass off tonight :hyper: -- routed the pockets (a little rough, but they came out good for freehand), redid the wiring to have a blend and vol instead of two volumes, and utilized the "Quieting the Beast" mod to improve the grounding and noise control, and added a serial switch...and straplocks (still waiting for gold ones...and the right pickup screws). And here she is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    full size:
    http://www.harrisonfamily.org/bass/schecter1.jpg
    http://www.harrisonfamily.org/bass/schecter2.jpg

She's getting her first run through the full rig Sunday.

My thanks to Ken -- a great opportunity to get a bass I might not have otherwise tried!

ltt

3. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    Nice to see that it went to a good home and came out so nice.

Not bad for $125 hu? :)

KT

4. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Not bad at all! I'm thrilled -- and the wife liked it too, which is always a plus :D

Thanks again man!

ltt

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Man, you got a nice deal there!!! I wish I could've jumped on that!