1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

very old primus

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by havik180, Jan 7, 2012.

1. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area
  2. So down with Primus right now.
    Just saw them in Orlando on recent tour.
    Also, just discovered Sausage-Side project or original line-up or whatever you want to call them. Awesome.
    Thanks for posting!

S

3. I love the opportunity to say I saw them in 86. I am OLD.

4. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    I love the early writing of the band, they are more diverse than their post- seas of cheese endeavors in which the approach gets a bit redundant.

5. IMO many bands' best work happens when they are young & unknown, trying to get heard/noticed. Certainly(again, IMO)the case w/RHCP, whom Primus opened for the first time I saw them(Peppers).

6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Isn't this footage on the Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People DVD from 2003?

7. Yup, saw them back then as well w/Fishbone and a local SJ band called DOT 3, now pass me the Geritol, please :D

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Those vids have been on youtube almost since there has been a youtube... and (IMHO) worthy of reposting again and again!

I still think 'Suck on this' is the best Primus disc with 'Frizzle Fry' close behind. I saw them a couple times back in those days.

9. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    yes