Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

VERY PISSED

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sippy, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    My truck was damaged last year in the hurricane. The roof was creased from a tree landing on it. Well it was fixed and I have a lifetime warranty on the work. Well today we had our first rain of the year.
    I was at the music store testing out amps and I brought my baby ('73 Fender P-bass) in to test them out. It's been raining all day and everything was fine in my truck. Well I go back to my truck and a buddy of mine comes over and wants to see the bass so I take it out of the hardshell case and the bass gently taps the roof. Well rain water has been leaking this whole time and when it touched the roof it poured down the neck of the bass, like I sprayed it with a garden hose. I ran back into the music store and dried it off with a bunch of finishing cloths and so far everything looks okay.
    My question is, if there happens to be any damage to the bass (it was completely soaked) Do you think Ford (the company who fixed the roof and gave me the life time warranty) would be obligated to reimburse me for my bass?
    The repairs were done 3 weeks ago. Thanks guys.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    you may have to review the warranty info, but I figure a faulty repair that caused damage to something else should be covered.

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Yea and I'm a jackhole! I just talked to my insurance company and they said they will have an adjuster look at it.. but I rused it to my luthier right away to prevent further damage, so it will be fixed by the time the adjuster looks at it

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Go get pics ASAP!!!

5. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    **** it's too late my God i'm an idiot.. ironically I just got a call from my luthier and he said all he had to do was slightly heat it up and it is fine. He did something with the strings and the frets to take care of them in case of tarnish or rust or whatever, but Ford is not going to hear about that. I'm sick of this, if you all knew half the problem's I have had with them you would see waht I mean. I'm going to press on.