1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Very proud of myself.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dbt25677, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Dbt25677

Dbt25677

Jun 9, 2013
    Just today (with no references from the internet), I completely set up my bass. Using my allen key and screw driver, I set to it and it now plays beautifully, because previously, the action was too low (I like it low, but it was so close that it was touching the pickup and making it fart). My strings are now a safe distance from the pickup! Super proud of myself.

Thanks for reading.

2. Or maybe you could have lowered the pickup? Yes - learning to do your own setup is an important part of being the best you can be on bass. Congrats.

3. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Congrats. I am a big advocate of the idea that only you can set up your bass. After paying top dollar for a couple of "pro" setups, which I ended up having to tweak anyway, I learned to do my own setups, and my basses have never played better. Now that you've done it "with no references from the internet" you might want to read a couple of those references. You might learn a few more tricks that can make your setup even better. :)

4. Doug R

Doug R

Jan 27, 2011
    Spokane, WA USA
    about keeping it simple: Don't raise the bridge, lower the river.

5. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Congrats, it's fun to have the skills!

My luthier is a wizard, and I've learned to get some things close until the big event occurs, at a later time.