Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

very rare double bass book for auction

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by niwashi, Feb 21, 2001.

1. niwashi

niwashi

Feb 21, 2001
    Hi,
    I thought you may be interested in this book i have for auction on ebay.
    Introduction to the Double Bass - Raymond Elgar
    number 547 of 1000 copies.
    Published in 1960 only 1000 copies were made,

follow the link to view:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1411754435 </go/cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1411754435>

Thank you for looking.

2. Galen McAllister

Galen McAllister

Feb 28, 2000
    Hate to break it to ya, but this book is currently in print... available through Lemur, the Strad Library, etc.; through the Strad, the price is about $50 US.

On the other hand, for book collectors, there is value in having a copy of the first edition, so you should be able to get an exhorbitant price after all... just gotta find the book-collector-bassists!

BTW, he later wrote & published two other books on the Db - all interesting.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Niwashi,

If you want TalkBass members to buy your book, fine. We have a Classifieds section for that kind of thing.

If, however, all you want is to increase exposure for your auction, I'd peddle my wares elsewhere if I were you.

At least you could offer it to TalkBass members at a special price, after all you're getting to advertise it for free...:rolleyes:

Will C.:cool: