Very sad news about RickBass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jeff Rader, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Last night I heard from Rick's family that he had passed away on Tuesday. Rick Guenther (Rickbass on TB) was a long time member and contributor to this site and I know many of you have interacted with him over the years. As was typical for Rick, he didn't want to burden anyone with his condition and requested a quiet and small funeral with family

The man really loved music. He was always willing to share his vast experiences in life with anyone he thought he could help.

I am just stunned. Rick was a true friend and I will miss him terribly.

2. My deepest sympathies to Rick's family.

3. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    rick will be missed by all of us here :(
  4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    :( This is very sad news. Rickbass is definitely one of the members around here who made a difference in my bass playing. I know I've gotten good bass advice on more than one occasion form Rickbass. Please pass on my condolences to Ricks family.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This is horrible. :(
    Although we were like cats and dogs when talking politics, we really got along well when talking music and especially basses.
    In hindsight, some things make more sense now (I think), but no matter if they do or not, I will miss him A LOT, and most regulars will too.

Rest in Peace, Rickbass(1), and strength and hope to your family.

edited for a typo
  6. This is sad news indeed, I never got to know Rick, but I can tell he touched alot of people on this forum and he will be missed.

Rest in Peace.

7. Terrible news.

My thoughts are with all his family and friends today.
  8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    You said it better than I could, JMX.
  9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    That pretty much says it all. RIP.
  10. :(
    That's really sad. RIP, Rick.
  11. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Rickbass was pone of those guys who just never offended anyone, you could tell from his posts in here that he was gentle in nature. News like this makes me very sad.

My condolences to his family & friends.
  12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I love ya man. The fun posts, the musical knowledge you brought. Rick, you helped make TalkBass what it is.

God Bless you and my sympathies for your family and friends.
  14. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    What a terrible waste. He was without doubt one of the most valuable contributors to this site. I didn't know the man, but I miss him already. :(
  15. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Man...I'm shocked.
    Rick was one of the coolest cats here.
    His posts brought back good memories for me(I think we're roughly in the same age bracket). His thoughts were always insightful & informative.

RIP, will be missed.
  16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I was going to say exactly the same thing I remember lots of posts where he helped me when I first joined and was looking for basses and he was one of the regulars who made this a real community!!

Sadly missed.
  17. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    How sad. :(

brad cook