Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Very Sad News

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by randlk, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've just gotten the very sad news that luthier Greg Curbow is dying. This is the first I've heard that he was even sick; has anyone else heard anything?
    Please all keep him and his friends and family in your thoughts and/or prayers. Thanks.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very sad indeed, he and I talked numerous times when I was contemplating attending the Curbow school of lutherie. He's a great man, very courteous, professional and caring about his work and the people involved in it.

He deserves your prayers/

3. That's awful... :(

He'll be in my thoughts.

4. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    I'm very sorry to hear this. What's the cause?

5. That's really sad to hear, an excellent luthier and one who truly had some different idea's for his basses, designwise.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

6. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    that's really sad. i've always loved his work, but never got around to get one of his basses.

he gave some great instruments to a lot of musicians out there...

7. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    Just read on Bassgear.com that he did indeed pass away this morning. Look on there for some details. Here is what is listed at this time.

I am very sad to report that my dear friend,guitar and bass builder Greg Curbow passed away this morning.A memorial service will be held on 8/19/05 at St.Luke's Episcopal Church in Blueridge,Georgia at 3:00. Margret Curbow has asked that donations be made to the Curbow School Of Luthiery.For more infomation,please contact Curbow String Instruments at 706-374-2873.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

RIP Greg.

9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It's sad to hear....

10. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Go HERE for the continuation of this thread.

I'm going to close this thread and redirect it to the other one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.