Very sad....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yogi Bear, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I am not sure if any of you have heard of this story. There are some truly sick people out there. This is the latest article from the Denver Post regarding some sick **expletive** here in the Denver area.

If you are an animal lover, such as myself, you will be as outraged as me.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aurora authorities are investigating whether the death of a dog in a Dumpster is linked to two similar incidents reported Monday.

Firefighters found the latest dog after they doused a fire in a Dumpster behind a church Wednesday night.

On Monday, at least four puppies were stolen from the Colorado Humane Society shelter. Two were found burned to death. Two others survived.

"We don't know right now what the connection is," if there is one, said Capt. Chris Henderson of the Aurora Fire Department. "We don't even know if the dog was alive when the fire was started."

In Wednesday's case, firefighters responding to a neighbor's call found flames extending about a foot above the rim of the Dumpster behind a church at East 13th Avenue and Macon Street.

When the blaze was extinguished, the firefighters found the body of the adult dog, which weighed about 50 pounds. Investigators could not determine the breed or age of the dog. The dog was severely burned, but it may have been thrown in the Dumpster after it died, Henderson said.

Arson experts and Aurora detectives are investigating. The dog's body was taken to Colorado State University for a necropsy, Henderson said.

Aurora detectives have contacted authorities in Arvada and Jefferson County to see if there are similarities between the Aurora case and Monday's incidents.

At least four puppies and a kennel were stolen Monday from the Colorado Humane Society shelter, 2760 S. Platte River Drive.

Two of the dogs were found burning in a kennel behind Colorado Cinemas Olde Town 14, 5550 Wadsworth Blvd., at 8:30 p.m. that night. One animal died.

Three hours later, a third puppy from the shelter was found burning in a stairwell behind Bally Total Fitness, 8996 W. Bowles Ave. in south Jefferson County. A Bally employee caught a man standing over the burning animal, carrying two other dogs. The suspect ran, dropping one dog and carrying the other. The dog that was burned died. The one the suspect dropped survived.

Monday's incidents sparked outrage across the metro area, said Mary Warren, director of the Colorado Humane Society.

More than 150 people have contributed $5,000 to a fund establishing a reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect.
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    ***&&&#$#$@@!! sick!

no words... just sick

they're dogs and puppies man ***?

he'll get his!
  3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thats sick.

Really sick.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Here in the Dallas area, some construction workers found a dog that had been skinned. Second time that has happened in the past few months. The first dog was only partially skinned, and was still alive.
  5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Sick. Totally psychopathic.

I don't know which is more disturbing--the act itself, or that the perpetrators and others like them get off on cruelty like this.
  6. Yeah, I've seen a pic of a homeless cat with it's eyes gouged out. Some people...

We need a culling of the human race.
  7. what the hell are they thinking when they do that?
  8. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Agreed - I bet if you look back, there was probably a rash of unexplained firesetting in Denver....I really do hope they catch this sick **** before he does something even more serious....and he will.....

Please no profanity. We dont allow even the first letter much less 3/4 of the letters of the F word. Be creative and us something else less profain. Thank you. :bassist:
  9. Why did all the animal mutilators decide to live in Colorado?!? During the summer like 12 cats were burned and beaten to death. This is sick and I hope the people doing it get caught and get help!
  10. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    It's Colorado,I'm not surprised,sick though. -Luke
  11. People sometimes...*sighs* :(
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :( :( :crying: :bawl: :(

I love dogs more than I love people... well most people...
  13. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Perhaps a more worrying fact is that a fair few killers start out by doing such acts to animals, usually as a way of venting built up 'feelings', which inevitably build up to a point where a puppy or wo just won't satify them...

I can't recall any names but I often watch FBI files and stuff like that.

To sum it up: it's terrible about the dogs but lets hope that this punk is caught before he gets board with the smaller mammals on this planet :/
  14. Jesus. I knew a kid that was burned to death just up the road from my house on a building site. Since then I've always been a bit scared of fire, and burning is the way I'd probably least like to go. StupidMatt, I know what you mean about loving dogs more than people, I'm looking at my two now and I can't imagine what I would do to anyone who tried to hurt them like that. I'm totally anti-violence and capital punishment in general, but I could honestly make an exception in this case. Sorry, I seem to have gone off on my own wee rant there. That's just disturbing. People worry me sometimes. :(
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Why do we need to talk about this?? Anyone else have a "better" animal mutilation story than the ones presented so far?? :(

16. Evan

Jan 2, 2004
    damn thats just plain sick who would ever want to do that
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, I'd be fine with shooting people who skin and burn dogs and puppies. :mad:
  18. Why does it seem "wrong" to have "eye for an eye" punishment in our country? This is one time it needs to be put into effect. This story still bothers me, as do others I have read in the past.
  19. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I know that we here, the community I know, are friends.
    I also know that musicians, in general, tend to be sensitive
    and caring people.

I don't like violence.

I have never hit anyone in my life.
    Not a man, or a woman, a dog or a cat.

There were a few men who deserved my attention, but
    I managed to restrain myself.

Yet I understand there are a lot of people out there
    who thrive on violence, hurting other people, hurting
    animals and destroying natural life.

I was fortunate enough to understand this early in my life,
    so i could identify people who wanted to hurt me,
    avoid situations where I would find violence, and protect my
    wife, children and pets from threats and harm. I live in a small
    town, but I am ALWAYS vigilant! And I VOTE ( get it ...)

So far I'm good. My friend in Texas with the Really Big Gun is
    there for me if I stumble and fall ... my brothers are behind
    me and I am not afraid!

( Yea though I walk through the valley of evil ... )

Fear not, my brother and sisters, life is good, and
    find the positive notes on your bass, in your
    music and in your life, however you celebrate it.

Let your music move your soul, and move the souls of
    others, cherish your personal higher power, and
    draw music and strength through your heart and hands.

Fear not the wicked, or the insane parts of the world,
    they only affect you when you dwell on them.