Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Very strange bass sounds

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by All_¥our_Bass, Jan 31, 2005.

1. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Anyone have any idea what pedal/pedal combinations Roger Waters uses on 'Hey You', because some of the stuff he plays sounds like it's been put through something(in certain places)

"I'm rockin' on behind the wall"
    :bag: :bag: :bassist: :bag: :bag:

2. I haven't listened to that in awhile, but you'd be amazed at what an accomplished musician can do with great technique & minimal effects. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a fretless w/delay or reverb- again, played very well.

3. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    I had heard before that it was a fretless P-bass played by David Gilmour. With a touch of delay, that's a recipie for some awesome sounds!

4. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Roger(Or Gilmour) played with a touch of chorus quite a bit too.

5. I attended Steve Lawson's clinic on Saturday. I got to play a fretless Pedulla w/roundwounds & a hard-coated fingerboard. Afterwards, I played Steve's flatwound-strung Modulus fretless 6. The Ped had 'automatic mwah'- sang like a bird, even in my clumsy hands. Steve's bass, on the other hand(or more to the point, in MY CLUMSY HANDS), sounded like it was in the next room. No sustain, no growl, no mwah. I'm pretty sure it was the player, not the equipment, that made the difference.