Very VERY quick!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ridethebike, Aug 15, 2002.

1. This may have been asked but i can't find it but what effect's pedal does les claypool use in tommy the cat....please help. Thank's.
  2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    none... just slapping on a fretless
  3. bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    He is overdriving his amp a bit. At that time (1989) I believe he was using a Mesa/Boogie Bass 400 with 2 Mesa 2x15 Cabs.
  4. Dam......I can't really go and get the amp but do you think the overdrive pedal would work i'm getting one very soon so i can nail this song.
  5. bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    You could just overdrive your amp, unless its an SWR (I think), Its really lightly overdriven, its barely noticeable.
  6. It's more useful to get a pedal imo, that way you can just switch it on and off as you need it... I'm big into different types of clipping but it's not too convienent to adjust your amp between sets. That and it keeps your volume more consistant. Check out the Ibanez TS9 or TS10 they get some pretty nice light, warm overdriven tones as well as growly, corpulant sounds. Relatively cheap too.
  7. Thank's a lot, it's my birthday very soon and i'm getting a zoom 708 Effect's pedal so i'll be able to overdrive, i really want to nail this song it's part of the reason i'm buying a five string very soon to.