Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

very weak lows!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SkaKing27, Jan 19, 2004.

1. SkaKing27

SkaKing27

Sep 1, 2002
    St.Louis MO
    Not sure where this belongs,oh well.anyway..i have been playing a "new" jazz bass,bought it,it's an MIM Fender Jazz,but i've notcied that every thing i play on the E string sounds quieter than all the other strings/notes,i am almost 100% sure it's not the amp..i played my other jazz through it,and it sounded fine.I play through an Ampeg B-1 Head,and a 15in Univox(i'm oldschool with the univox) speaker..i was wondering if i raise the pickup under the E string if this would help,any suggestions would be great,sorry for such a long post.thanks.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Raising the pup might help, is your E string dead maybe? I bought a Warwick once which had a totally dead E but the other 4 were fine so maybe new strings would solve your problem. Be careful how much you raise the pups as you don't want them to be unbalanced since by raising it for the E you'll automatically be making it higher for the A also. Good luck bro.

3. SkaKing27

SkaKing27

Sep 1, 2002
    St.Louis MO
    i just bought a new set of d'adadrio's,i don't know if it is a dead string..i'll see what happens.it sounds super sweet other than the fact that i have a weak E.