1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Very weird low frequency buzz noise

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by InternetAlias, May 11, 2011.

1. InternetAlias

InternetAlias

Dec 16, 2010
    Serbia
    I am using a SX Jazz bass (the one with the old headstock) and I am experiencing weird noise when I hit a note. There's some background noise, of course, but this one only happens when I hit the string and is mostly noticeable when palm muting. It seems that something is vibrating and getting picked up by pickups, but I don't know what it could be, saddles are fixed and I've checked electronics, nothing is vibrating there. I also seem to hear this (acoustically) all over the bass. I hear it clearly when I put my ear next to the neck and when I put it near the bridge. It's all over the bass even acoustically! I've attached a file so you people can examine and guess what it could be, I'm clueless at the moment. Also, there's some fret buzz as I've got my action low, and have yet to get fret level/recrown job on this one.

(just so you know, the background buzz comes from the old monitor I'm using, and although I've got the pots maxed out, it's still picking the noise.)

Attached Files: