1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VFB-2 Variable Feedback & Blend Bypass Looper OR Keeley Loop-pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chris V., Jun 8, 2007.

1. Hello, all!

I'm new here to this here forum. So, good day to you all.

Anyway, to the question - which one of the the two pedals in the title would be the one to choose if I'm going for a fuzz signal (Russian Big Muff) underlying my clean signal. The clean signal would also be running through several pedals like a Boss flanger and delay. I would plonk an EQ on the end of it, right before the amp, too, to boost the low end.

Beforehand, I would like to thank you for your answers.

Peace, Love and Blessings.
    Chris.

2. shifter

shifter

Jul 10, 2006
    somewhere else
    Well i don't have either pedals but i do have a looper and i know that as a straight looper even though true bypass there is some tone suck.
    I would probably suggest that what you would need is the Barge pedal.

I am looking at running one alongside my looper so as to retain more of the bottom end with certain pedals...

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Chris, this shouldn't even have been a thread.

The Keeley is a simple, compact loop pedal. All it does is pull the loop in and out of the chain - there's ZERO blending involved.

The Barge does EXACTLY what you're looking for - blending the clean and fuzzed signals together.

EDIT: Now, if you're looking for a pedal that provides you with separate clean and dirty channel outputs, then what you really want is an active (buffered) A/B/Y pedal.

4. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Barge Concepts VFB2 sounds like the ticket. They have just moved to a new facility and are starting to ship out product again after seral weeks of down time. I am awaiting mine with painful GAS symtoms!!!!!

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    welcome to TB! good to have you.

+1 on the VFB2. another two worth considering are the Boss LS2 and the Xotic X-Blender.
    enjoy!
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

6. Thank you very much for your replies.

Sorry if this shouldn't have been a thread, I just can't seem to comprehend the whole looping thing. I think I've managed to somewhat grasp it, though.

I'll be looking into the other pedals you mentioned. It seems like the VFB-2 is the way to go, though.

Peace, Love and Blessings.
    Chris.

7. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    It's okay. My apologies if I came off as harsh - I guess I'm so used to the differences, I thought it'd be obvious. Clearly, I've been here too long, and now I'm one of the arrogant ones :D

Good luck with your search! Barge Concepts is supposed to be coming out with a more compact blend pedal soon, too, in case space is an issue on your board. It'll be the VB Jr.

8. It's not a problem. =)

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that on the website. Will it only compromise the size or also the fuctions? Didn't they say they'd be adding new fuctions to it, too?

9. So, X-Blender or the VFB-2?

10. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    +1 on the VFB-2 Mine is on its way to me (hopefully soon). Already measured out a place for it on my pedal board too. Plus it has the added function of the feedback loop which you can use to do some really interesting things with just about any pedal :D. Plus, at a fraction the price of the X-Blender ($260 :spit:) the VFB-2 is ever so tasty at $115 shipped.

11. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Shipped being the key word! I WANT MINE TO ACTUALLY ARRIVE!!!!

Sorry for the yelling, I ordered mine on May 16 and it hasnt shipped yet so I'm getting impatient.

I have a space all ready for it as well. Oooooh The GAS is bad!

12. Indeed smash.gif

13. shifter

shifter

Jul 10, 2006
    somewhere else
    Crabby it could be worse mate...
    Completely off topic i have paid and ordered a console for my studio that i placed last august...
    Guess what still no no console??????:meh:

So i understand your greif as i'm sure we all do...

Anyhoo back on topic..

14. My head is also spinning a bit with looper selection.

Just to clarify, is the VFB-2 pretty much the same thing a an X-blender?? I know I want an X-blender, but I get lost in the Barge concepts pedal descriptions... Basically, I just wish it said "X-blender at half the price"!! Then I would know what I was looking at :)

15. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    the x-blender gives you the added benefit of an EQ for the loop (maybe other stuff, too...?)... but it's essentially the same thing.

16. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I went with the Barge unit strictly based on TB reviews for the unit. I was looking at the Radial Bigshot Blender but it was actually going to be more money in Canadian dollars.

The Barge Unit looks to be very well made, has bi colour leds and the added feedback loop looks like fun.

Just think of the barge VFB2 as a single true bypass loop with a clean blend knob to mix in dry signal with whatever effects you have in the loop.

The feedback loop has its own mix control knob as stomp switch to bypass the feedback loop or have it on.

The pedal looks really cool and reportedly has a fantastic buffer circuit which will keep all pedals in loop sounding level with each other.

I am so excited to receive mine despite the lengthy wait.

17. sounds sexy!! Thanks

18. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Yup, I'm holding out for the VB Jr...

19. This thread just gave me more GAS, I don't even really need a blending pedal but it just looks sooo sweet! :)

20. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I have a feeling I may never use the feedback loop, but I wasnt patient enough to wait for the smaller version. I do have a delay pedal on my board which may work well with the feedback loop.

I cant wait to experiment with this bad boy when it finally arrives. :hyper:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021