1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VFE Mini Mu

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Planespotter, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    I happened to stumble upon a used VFE Mini Mu the other day at my local Mom & Pop for $100. I’ve always been curious about these but there isn’t a whole lot about them online. Anyway, I picked it up and I’m very impressed. It really nails that Mu-Tron/Qtron vibe and feel while being small, having normal power requirements and most importantly a master volume control! I think this may be my new favorite non-huge envelope filter! Anybody else out there ever try one?

Attached Files:

FilterFunk and Nunovsky like this.
  2. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Didn't know about this one. Seems nice. I'll be following this thread.

Planespotter likes this.
  3. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Here’s an obligatory gut shot.

Attached Files:

4. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Had one, loved it, but as a home studio guy I love my EHX Q-Balls even more.

$100 is a great price for that Mini-Mu, IMO. For me, it's tied with the Mu-FX Micro-Tron III and the Multivox Big Jam Spit Wah as the best compact 9v envelope filters I've ever owned. I still miss it.

Planespotter and Bo0tsy like this.
  5. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Filterfunk, did you ever mess with the internal trimmers when you had the Mini Mu?

6. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    IIRC, the trimmer inside mine only brightened or dimmed the LED.

Planespotter likes this.
  7. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    That’s a feature that I wish would become standard. I can’t stand the ultra bright leds that are all the rage these days.

Mr. voodoobass and FilterFunk like this.