1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD VFE White Horse Optical Compressor 2015 (Mint)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jazzyitalian, Apr 12, 2015.

1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Price:
    $125
    I bought this pedal this past January and then another one shortly thereafter. But I've decided to keep only one and sell the other to get back into a more basic unit.

VFE is a boutique builder located just outside of Portland, OR. I love this pedal.

From the website:
    The White Horse is a clean optical compressor and a whole lot more. The BLEND control allows for blending the uncompressed signal for dynamics & sustain. The unique DRIVE control balances the compression between optical compression and dynamic mosfet drive. The BASS control can EQ higher compression settings to compensate for the perceived treble loss inherent in compression, but also tightens up the drive section for a more natural drive tone.

You'll receive all of the original packaging and contents. I'm also including a 9V that I installed in the pedal when I first tried it out.

Here is a demo:

Shipping is $7.50 CONUS and I'd be happy to look up shipping cost for anywhere else in the World.

Pay Pal is king for me.

Thanks for looking....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lowered price.

3. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    So this is for guitar not Bass??

4. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hi-

Peter Rutter who ownes VFE built these intending use for both bass and guitar. I use my other WH for both guitar and bass. But the drive knob I intentionally reserve for only for guitar. It has a nice mosfit warm tube overdrive when you turn it up. I leave it off when playing it through my bass. Just a preference thing.

There is also a demo done with this compressor with a bass. However this was on the earlier version called White Stallion. Still ostensively the same effect:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  5. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    bump

6. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    bump...Now at $125

7. jsohlander

jsohlander Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Bump for an often under appreciated killer compressor. Blend knob is a god send and pre-gain bass knob helps a ton too. Gentle compressor with optional distortion. And looks cool to boot