VH1 Bands Reunited

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Is this show cool or what!!!

Ok, so even if you were never a huge fan of Berlin, RomeoVoid, or A Flock of Seagulls, etc... it is really interesting to see these musicians 15 to 20 years after their day in the spot light.

I really enjoy how the show explains a bit about what the bandmembers do for a living in present day. Also, how they felt about the band they were in, why they broke up, how they feel about getting back together for a one night gig. Oh, I like the fact that they show the uglier side of rehearsal. Very real.

"Sniff - sniff, I'm becoming a bit verklempt ... talk amongst yourselves."

I get a bit emotional when I see these bandmembers meeting each other for the first time in 15 to 20 years. It's preeeecious.
  2. Great show,great concept....horrible bands(except Flock) ;)
  3. "The Metro" by Berlin is a good song. I love the cover of it System of A Down did. Its awesome. I t is on the Dracula 2000 sound track It's the only sound track I own, but I think I am going to get more 'cause that one is awesome. Also because I know the version of Mouth by Bush that is on An American Werewolf in Paris (or Lundon don't remeber which is the new one) sounds better, either that or I remember wrong.

And hey no matter what you say about VH1 you can't say it is worse then "M"TV :p
  4. I actually like VH1,except when they do all that Celebrity stuff,where they discuss how rich celebs are. Ugh.
  5. i like VH1 but I still think they should play more videos.:bassist:
  6. fixed it for you;)
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Not sure, I think...M(oron)TV owns VH-1 & also CMT.

Anyway, '80s Bands Reunited...I'm loving it!
    I watched Berlin's show...I checked & yes, I still have their 1st two LPs. I'm assuming Terri Nunn is still performing? She essentially has the same hairdo? ;)
    (Plus she sounded the most confident on-stage).

The Klymaxx show...the original guitarist(Cheryl Cooper) was not really welcome by a couple of her ex-members. As a result, she didn't join them on-stage.

Romeo Void...the original sax player has serious hearing/ear problems; he, too, couldn't join his mates on-stage. Very sad.

Monday night has Kajagoogoo...I'm curious to see if their bassist can still pull off "Too Shy".

I haven't checked VH-1's site. I would love to see Missing Persons again!
  8. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I know it would never happen, but I would love to see them get the Police or Men At Work for an episode.
  9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Or Van Hagar.

;) :D

In regard to Klymaxx, I think it's too bad that people can't bury the hatchet, even after years and years of having nothing to do with each other. Man, I can hold a grudge like no one's business, but even I'd soften a bit after a year or so. Get over your differences, it's just one more gig.
  10. :eek: :eek: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

that would rock, hard. We know Sting is still about, and Copeland can still rock (Oysterhead); as far as Summers goes... he was like ten years older than Sting or Stewart, I don't know how that would turn out. Is he still in music? ...dead? ... disappeared?
  11. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Summers still plays.
    He has recorded quite a bit of material over the years.

I had a UK mag that had a reunion interview with the Police. It was at Sting's mansion in Tuscany. They were apparently fairly drunk. The interview was peppered with all kinds of funny bards and jabs at each other. Copeland in particular is really funny and biting.
  12. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    He Hate Gear-
    I think the deal with Klymaxx is this...it's still a current problem. Cooper is still working/touring with a band called Klymaxx & has acquired the 'paperwork'(behind the others' backs) to legally do so.

...I guess.
    Then again, we're talking women here & they are known to hold a grudge for quite lonnnnnnggggg time.
  13. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Summers has put out the most interesting stuff since The Police disbanded(IMO).
    He's tackled Monk on Green Chimneys.
    He's tackled Mingus on Peggy's Blue Skylight.
    He's tackled "World/Pop" on Worlds Gone Strange.
    ...and various Jazz Classics pop up on The Last Dance Of Mr. X.

Pretty eclectic musician.

Summers is over 60 now, right?
  14. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have a faint memory of a variety show that Dweezil Zappa did about 5 years ago. (I think it was called "Happy Hour" or something like that) If I can remember correctly, Berlin was one of the guest performers on the show. I'm not sure how many orginal members were present in that particular line-up, but I guess it shows they if she hasn't been playing, she hasn't been out of it that long.
  15. I saw Summers a few years ago wioth Tony Levin as his bass player, It was mindblowing, I was up front, Summers had all this looping stuff going on and aMidi this and Midi that, Tonly was using the drumstick fingers and playing his EUB. ans he harmonized vocals well. it was a summer weekend festival in Nj, Lots of women and lots of Suds! :bassist:
  16. sorry about the messed up spelling, momentary lapse of reasoning! :D
  17. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I was checking out www.allmusic.com

Berlin put out a live album in 2000 + an album called Voyeur in 2002.
    Thinking back to VH-1's show, Nunn did mention she had bought the "Berlin" name...obviously, she's still doing it with replacements.

I read AMG's review to Pleasure Victim...
    it mentions a nude photo of Nunn on the EP's inner sleeve. My copy has her wearing a fur coat. Figures.
    AMG also sez her credits on that EP are listed as "Vocals, BJs".
    I'll take a look & see what my copy has... ;)
  18. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

When I first saw the ads for the "Reunion Show", I though the idea was really lame, but I just can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the first three shows. Even though I have not been a fan of any of the bands so far, I have really enjoyed their conflicts and their reunions.

It is fascinating to see how they have changed, what they are doing now, and am amazed at how fast they can put together a concert in only one day of rehearsal. It's also interesting how fast 90% of them jump at the chance to reunite.

It was so sad that the Romeo Void saxophonist couldn't play because he has gone deaf and I can relate because I have tinnitis that worsens every year causing my hubby and I to argue continuously because I have the TV too loud.

I wish they would have Guns "n" Roses reunite. I also wish Blind Melon could reuinite, but VH-1 would have to do the impossible and bring Shannon Hoon back from the grave. Oh, wait---these are eighties bands on the show. How about a reunion of the original Culture Club?
  19. Um, Nick Beggs has been playing for some time, mostly on Stick. He backed up John Paul Jones on a recent tour.

In fact, if I recall correctly, it was Beggs who WAS Kajagoogoo, Lihmal was just a 'face'. Hmmm.

There you go...
  20. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Bands reunited rocks! Makes me pine for my old band, Marley's Ghost. :bawl:

I thought it was really funny how they had to court the bass player from Frankie Goes To Hollywood for like a week before he agreed to come back. ***? He is giving bass players a bad name.

mmmm...Teri Nunn. She is still so hot. I had the biggest crush on her back in the 80's. My band is thinking of covering "Metro".

Can't wait for the Squeeze episode!