1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VH1 Rock Honors

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, May 25, 2007.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Whoever was running sound that night should be shot. Honestly, every band sounded pretty awful. It doesn't matter how legendary you are, if you can't get someone decent to run sound. Except Ozzy, Ozzy must have brought a sound guy or something... his new bass player (?) had pretty awesome tone too. But every other band... the sound was awful, drums/bass were buried, guitars sounded awful, vocals disconnected.

I just get mad when I see a pro event with terrible sound.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Should be shot is a bit much, maybe just fired ;)

3. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    T V kills bass.
    Could not hear any of the bassest in all the bands.

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I agree that the sound was terrible, but that seems common for television.

For what it's worth, I thought Gretchen Wilson did a really nice job singing Barracuda with Alice in Chains.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I gotta agree: That Redneck woman song is a pile of dog poo, but she did kick ass on Barracuda. Proof that if she dumped the country angle and got a rock band behind her, I'd dig her tunes. I wish there were more chick rock bands that I liked. But yeah, she nailed those vocals.

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Blasko is an awesome bass player. I like his work. I think he fits in really well on stage w/Ozzy and Zack Wylde. I enjoyed his work with Rob Zombie too.

7. Embryodead

Embryodead Inactive

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    see i saw THOUGHT that was Blasko but wasn't entirely sure. He def did look right at home on that stage.

8. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Yep, to my knowledge Blasko got the Ozzy gig after Jason Newstead left/his time was over.

I think i read that on Blasko's myspace/a Blasko fan page. The guy has my utmost respect.

If you watch some of the Rob Zombie videos w/Griggs?? & Blasko-they to me were the epitome of having guys just look right together. I forget who was playing drums with those 3.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    His bass tone was.... pissed off sounding, and I've only described that bass tone with 2 people, the other person wasn't from a famous band. But it was in the perfect place sonically, and sounded super agressive. I didn't listen to Rob Zombie much, but I know he always had great tone.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021