Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

VH1 Save The Music Foundation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by malthumb, May 19, 2002.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    VH1 is accepting new and used musical instruments to be donated to public school music departments. Many companies, including mine, General Motors, have put together concentrated campaigns to collect instrument donations. VH1 also has a web address that provide info for those wishing to donate instruments. The website is http://www.vh1.com/partners/save_the_music/

All donations are tax deductible. I don't have anything used that I would want to donate, so I stopped at Mars and picked up this Squire P-Bass. Some schoolkid oughta be able to make good use of it.

[​IMG]

C'mon TalkBass, Let's get a count going :) :)

Peace,

James

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    good job

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    yes yes, very good job. if i wasnt 14 with no money i would get something too.... maybe ill donate an old cable or something....

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Hopefully you're the type of guy this program will benefit. Keep at it.;)

Peace,

James

5. I looked at the site. I'm wondering if they'll take amps? I don't have a bass to spare, but I have a couple of older amps that still work great, although they're a little beat up.

If they really want to save the music, though, they might start by correcting their Factoid that says that the saxophone was created by someone named Saxophone.

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    bump

7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Henry Saxophone didn't invent the saxophone? Next you'll be telling me that Leo Fender had nothing to do with Fender guitars and basses!

;) :D

8. I'm pretty certain the guy's name was just Sax. Someone just may have gotten a little keyboard happy or something.

Either way, not trying to pick on VH1. I like Malthumb's suggestion. If my school had had a music program, I might actually know how to play my damn bass.:D

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  10. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I wouldn't want to detract from it though, I have good gear and can get it myself. I have a Conklin GT-7 and a decent amp rig, so I hope that the gear goes somewhere else

11. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Good thoughts Eric.

I was sorta hoping that other TBers would pick up on this thread and consider contributing.:(

Oh well.

Peace,

James